Before you can backup Thecus NAS to ElephantDrive, you will first need to connect your Thecus device to your ElephantDrive account. You can either signup for an ElephantDrive account from http://home.elephantdrive.com/plans-and-pricing/ directly, or create one from the Admin UI.
Creating an Account.
- Click on the name of the module to bring up the management page.
- If you don't have an ElephantDrive account, complete the e-mail address and Password fields; keep the service 'Disabled' and then click the Register button. This will instantaneously create a new ElephantDrive account for you.
If you already have an ElephantDrive account, go to step 3.
- Enable ElephantDrive login service and click Apply.
You have successfully linked your Thecus NAS to your ElephantDrive account.
Configuring Backup settings
Once you have linked your Thecus NAS to your ElephantDrive account, you are ready to set-up the backup jobs. The backups and restores are managed via the ElephantDrive website.
- Click on the Management UI link to login to ElephantDrive Cloud or go to https://vault.elephantdrive.com/account/login.aspx
- Enter your Email and Password and click Submit.
2. Click the Backup/Restore tab and select Manage Backup Jobs.
3. To enable and/or edit one of the existing backup jobs, select your NAS device *ANASBD92AA) under My Devices → select a Backup Job (Multimedia) → click Edit Job.
Note: There are already backup jobs for each share folder on the NAS and they are disabled by
4. Check Automatic/Enabled to activate the backup job. If you would like to include or exclude any specific folder, simply click on the Includes and Excludes tabs.
Once you are done making changes, click Save Changes.
5. Awesome! You've successfully enabled a backup for a folder. Enable backups for any additional folders that you want backup.
You will also notice that the Status of shares that you've already enabled will change to Enabled with a green icon.
You can see the progress of your backup under Current Activity page.