Restore Name: Label for the restore job.
Destination Path: This is the destination path and should follow the proper path syntax for your device. This is the path to the folder where the restore will be downloaded.
Start Time: Do not modify this field if you want the restore job to start immediately after settings are applied. You can schedule the restore job to run in the future.
Overwrite Mode: Select to overwrite files if the same file name is detected at the destination location.
Archived Files: Archived data is kept in ElephantDrive according to the archiving rules set for your backup jobs. ElephantDrive can keep locally deleted files.
Point-in-Time: In most cases, not applicable, so we recommend contacting us (create a support ticket) before configuring a point-in-time restore. In general, a point in time can be selected and ElephantDrive will restore all backups (if available) from that point in time.
* In some cases, it might be necessary to restart the ElephantDrive client after applying new restore settings in order for the restore to run.
Steps to Configure a Restore Job
- Login to our user web portal, http://vault.elephantdrive.com/account/login.aspx.
- Navigate into the Files tab and right-click a folder and select "restore folder."
- Select the destination device. (ElephantDrive must be running on the destination device in order for the restore to work.) Click "Next" to configure restore settings.
- Configure and ppply restore settings, wait a minute, then check the destination path to confirm if the restore is running. If the destination path isn't populated with files, then please manually restart the ElephantDrive client. Your restore job will start after the ElephantDrive client is manually restarted on your destination device.
Article is closed for comments.