The latest version of ElephantDrive is not yet available through Drobo Apps in the Drobo dashboard. This guide explains how to manually install the latest version of ElephantDrive for Drobo.
1. Use this link to download the latest version of ElephantDrive. Make sure it is named "elephantdrive.tgz" - some browsers might change the extension of the file.
2. If you already have ElephantDrive installed, uninstall it before proceeding:
3. Make sure you've uninstalled previous versions of ElephantDrive before proceeding, then mount Drobo to your Windows or Mac device. In this step, you need to mount a special share folder called DroboApps:
- Mac Users:
- In Finder, click the Go option > Connect to Server
- Enter the following to connect the DroboApps share: <Name or IP address of your Drobo>:/DroboApps
- You will be prompted to choose to connect as a Guest or a Registered user. Select Registered User and log in with your Admin credentials
- Select DroboApps from the list of shared volumes
- Windows Users:
- Open Windows Explorer on the side panel, click on Network and select your Drobo device.
- Select DroboApps. Enter your Admin account credentials as shown below
4. Make sure there isn't already an ElephantDrive folder inside the DroboApps folder, then paste the file you downloaded in Step 1 into the DroboApps folder. If there is already an ElephantDrive folder inside the DroboApps folder, then please delete it before pasting the "elephantdrive.tgz" file.
5. Reboot your Drobo device.
6. After rebooting, ElephantDrive should now be installed as shown below:
Do not click on Update. This will downgrade ElephantDrive to the older version from Drobo Apps!
7. Click on Configure and verify that you are indeed running the latest version of ElephantDrive
Once you complete the steps above, check out how to configure ElephantDrive to backup your files.