ElephantDrive application offers simple, secure, and automatic backup for your files in the cloud. Backups can be restored and downloaded at anytime. The article will guide you through the steps to install ElephantDrive on your ASUSTOR nas device.
1. Download ElephantDrive Binary
Download appropriate ElephantDrive binary based on your device's processor's architecture.
2. Install ElephantDrive
- Go to Main Menu > App Central
- Click Manual Install
- Click Browse and select ElephantDrive binary you downloaded in step 1 then click Upload.
- On the next window, make sure the checkbox is ticked and click Next.
- Tick the checkbox and click Install.
- Once the installation is complete, make sure the ElephantDrive is running checking the Installed apps in the App Central.
3. Create an Account
- Go to Main Menu > ElephantDrive.
- If you don't already have an account, click Sign up to create a new account.
- Enter your email address and password, then click Signup.
4. Setup Backups
- Go to Main Menu > ElephantDrive and click Manage Cloud Backup.
- Whenever you connect a new device to your ElephantDrive account for the first time, a setup tutorial will guide you through the setup process. It will identify the device you've connected by its name. Click Get Started to begin the setup.
- ElephantDrive gives you the freedom to either use default encryption keys or personalized encryption keys. Select your preferred option and click Next Step.
- The next screen will show you a list of existing Shares on your ASUSTOR device. You can quickly start to backup any of these shares. Just select Click to Enable Backup for any share that you want to backup and then click Finish