- We are in the process of updating this article.
- This article features references to our old branding, but the instructions in this article might still be helpful.
- If you encounter any issues or if you have any questions, please create a support ticket.
NOTE: In order to setup backups for your D-Link Share Center, you first need to connect your Share Center device to your D-Link Vault account. If you haven't done that yet, please see the How do I enable D-Link Vault Tutorial.
Setting up backup of your data from the D-Link Share Center to D-Link Vault is very easy. We have created a quick and easy interface to help you setup backups. Let's get started!
1. Click on the Manage Cloud Backup button on the Share Center interface.
2. Enter user-name/password and click Log In.
3. Whenever you connect a new device to your D-Link Vault account, a setup tutorial will guide you through the setup process. It will identify the device by name that you have just connected. Simply click Get Started to begin the setup.
4. D-Link Vault gives you the freedom to either use default encryption keys or personalized encryption keys. Select the preferred option and click Next.
5. The next screen will show you a list of existing Shares on your D-Link Share Center device. For your convenience, D-Link Vault has created a folder called "D-Link Vault" and enabled it to backup to D-Link Vault. You can quickly drop any files or folders here and it will backup to D-Link Vault.
- You can quickly start to backup any of these other shares as well. Just select Click to Enable Backup for any share that you want to backup.
6. A confirmation window will ask you to verify the NAS Share and path you are enabling. Just click Enable to continue.
7. Awesome! You've successfully enabled a backup for a share. Enable backups for any additional shares that you want backup.
You will also notice that the Status of shares that you've just enabled will change to Enabled with a green icon.
8. Click Finish to complete the setup process. We will take you to the Manage Backups section, where you can add additional backups for sub-folders, etc.
It may take several minutes to for the device to start showing up on your D-Link Vault account. To see the backups in progress, check out the Current Backup Activity report.