- We are in the process of updating this article.
- This article features references to our old branding, but the instructions in this article might still be helpful.
- If you encounter any issues or if you have any questions, please create a support ticket.
D-Link Vault allows you to backup data directly from your D-Link Share Center to the cloud in D-Link Vault. Let's get you started with your D-Link Vault. If you have a new D-Link DNS NAS, it may already come with D-Link Vault installed on it. In that case, simply skip to step 4. If you have a D-Link DNS NAS that is older than D-Link Vault, you can still install the D-Link Vault on this device. Let's start.
1. Download the “D-Link Vault” add-on package for your device:
2. Login to the NAS and go to “Management” > “Application Management” > “Add Ons”.
3. Press “Browse” to locate the file you just downloaded in step #1 and then, press “Apply” to install the add-on.
4. Next, we need to link your D-Link DNS NAS device with your D-Link Vault account. To do this, go to the ShareCenter interface (usually accessed using the IP address, i.e. 10.0.1.168).
- Go to Applications and then click on D-Link Vault.
5. You can either log-in with your existing credentials or create a new account.
- To log-in with an existing account, just enter your username and password and click Login.
- To create a new account, see the next step.
6. To create a new account, click on the Create Account tab. By Default, you will get a FREE 50GB 30 day trial. You can change your plan to a larger plan at anytime.
- Enter an e-mail address → choose a secure password → click Signup.
7. This will create an account and automatically connect your Share Center with your newly created D-Link Vault account. Next, you can setup your data/shares to backup to D-Link Vault. Just click Manage Cloud Backup button to get started.
- After you click on the Manage Cloud Backup, you can also follow along with the Backup Wizard Tutorial for additional assistance.