Before with this article, please perform the actions below:
- Login to our user web portal, http://vault.elephantdrive.com/account/login.aspx. Navigate into the Files tab. Click into My Computers, then select (or right-click) a device to check the Folder Size. When the folder size count is complete, you can expand the more details section to view more details regarding file versions and archived data.
Reasons why your account might be in overage:
- Hidden Files - ElephantDrive will back up all files from a folder, including any hidden files.
- Versioned Files - Versioning rules are enabled by default and are set to keep a version for every change made to an existing backed up file.
- Archived Files - Archiving rules are enabled by default and are set to keep locally deleted files in your account.
Uncommon reason(s) why your account might be in overage:
- Usage discrepancy - your account dashboard communicates with our user databases and storage databases which are constantly working to keep data up-to-date as well as display correct account statistics. Sometimes, when data is modified or removed, your usage might require more than a few hours to update. If you notice that it takes more than just a few hours for your usage to update after a change such as emptying your trash folder or after uploading new data, please contact us immediately by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.