In order to set up your QNAP device backups, you first need to install ElephantDrive app on your QNAP device and connect it to an ElephantDrive account. Once you've successfully connected your QNAP device to an ElephantDrive account, follow the steps below to set up your backups.
We have created a quick and easy interface to help you setup backups. Let's get started!
- Find the ElephantDrive app from your QNAP NAS desktop screen and click to open it.
- Make sure your ElephantDrive account is logged in and remains connected. Click Manage Cloud Backup button.
- This will bring you to the ElephantDrive website login screen, where you may need to login again.
- Whenever you connect a new QNAP device to your ElephantDrive account, a setup tutorial will guide you through setting up backups. It will identify your QNAP device by name, which you have just linked. Simply click Get Started to begin backup setup.
- ElephantDrive gives you the option to either use default encryption keys or personalized encryption keys. Select an option and click Next Step.
- The next screen will show you a list of existing Shares/folders on your QNAP device. You can quickly start to backup any of these shares. Just select Click to Enable Backup for any share that you want to backup.
- A confirmation window will ask you to verify the NAS Share and path you are enabling to back up. Click Enable to continue.
- Great! You've successfully started backing up a share. Enable backups for any additional shares that you want backup. You will also notice that the Status of shares that you've just enabled will change to Enabled with a green icon.
- Click Finish to complete the setup process. We will take you to the Manage Backups section, where you can add additional backups for any sub-folders, etc.
It may take several minutes for the device to start showing up on your ElephantDrive account. To see the backups in progress, check out the Current Backup Activity report.