- We are in the process of updating this article.
- This article features references to our old branding, but the instructions in this article might still be helpful.
- If you encounter any issues or if you have any questions, please create a support ticket.
Before configuring backups, you first need to install ElephantDrive on your Seagate NAS.
We have created a quick and easy interface to help you setup backups. Let's get started!
1. From the Home screen of your Seagate NAS interface, find the ElephantDrive application and click on it.
2. Click Sign Up to get a FREE 50GB 30 day trial account. If you already have an ElephantDrive account, simply enter user-name/password and click Log In.
Once you are successfully signed in or have created a new account, you will see a login confirmation screen with the username you are logged in as. This means that you've successfully linked your Seagate NAS with your ElephantDrive account.
3. To setup you backups, click on the Manage Cloud Backup button.
4. This will bring you to the ElephantDrive website login screen, where you may need to login again.
5. Whenever you connect a new Seagate device to your ElephantDrive account, a setup tutorial will guide you through setting up backups for that device. It will identify your Seagate device by name, which you have just linked. Simply click Get Started to begin the setup.
6. ElephantDrive gives you the option to either use default encryption keys or personalized encryption keys. Select the preferred option and click Next.
6. The next screen will show you a list of existing Shares on your Seagate NAS device. You can quickly start to backup any of these shares. Just select Click to Enable Backup for any share(s) that you want to backup.
7. A confirmation window will ask you to verify the NAS Share and path you are enabling. Click Enable to continue.
8. Awesome! You've successfully started backing up a share. Enable backups for any additional shares that you want backup.
You will also notice that the Status of shares that you've just enabled will change to Enabled with a green icon.
9. Click Finish to complete the setup process. We will take you to the Manage Backups section, where you can add additional backups for sub-folders, etc.
It may take several minutes for the newly added device to start showing up on your ElephantDrive account. To see the backups in progress, check out the Current Backup Activity report.
Article is closed for comments.