NOTE: In order to setup backups for your WD NAS, you first need to link your WD to your ElephantDrive account. If you haven't done that yet, please see the How to connect ED account with WD NAS device tutorial.
Setting up backup of your data from the WD NAS to ElephantDrive is very easy. We have created a quick and easy interface to help you setup backups. Let's get started!
1. Click on the New device backup wizard from the WD interface.
2. Enter user-name/password and click Log In.
3. Whenever you connect a new device to your ElephantDrive account, a setup tutorial will guide you through the setup process. It will identify the device by name that you have just connected. Simply click Get Started to begin the setup.
4. ElephantDrive gives you the freedom to either use default encryption keys or personalized encryption keys. Select the preferred option and click Next.
5. The next screen will show you a list of existing Shares on your WD NAS device. You can quickly start to backup any of these shares. Just select Click to Enable Backup for any share that you want to backup.
6. A confirmation window will ask you to verify the NAS Share and path you are enabling. Just click Enable to continue.
7. Awesome! You've successfully enabled a backup for a share. Enable backups for any additional shares that you want backup.
You will also notice that the Status of shares that you've already enabled will change to Enabled with a green icon.
8. Click Finish to complete the setup process. We will take you to the Manage Backups section, where you can add additional backups for sub-folders, etc.
It may take several minutes to for the device to start showing up on your ElephantDrive account. To see the backups in progress, check out the Current Backup Activity report.